Friday, March 18, 2011

The end of Week 1

Today was the finale to the first week of my workout plan. So far, I am having a great time and learning at the same time. (which is really the best way for an ADHD person like me to learn...oooh my screen is so bright) Anyways! I am in some normal beginners pain all over my body. That's good, right?

I officially stopped Phase one on the 11th day. My friend Jenn made a comment that made me think about what I was doing. Carb deprivation is good for that diet, but since I am waiting on the test results from Inherent Health, what if it says Protein is not what I need to be focusing on? What if carbs are good for my body? I am potentially damaging my body while I think I am helping it. Sigh! So, I have been slowly incorporating carbs back into my meals. I have to say that Stephen is much happier now that I am eating carbs. I guess I wasn't the most pleasant of people to be living with for those 11 days. :)

I must say that this is the first time in my life that I have enjoyed working out AND actually look forward to the next day. Next week I am excited about it because we are going to be swimming for our cardio. Yay! I dread the thought of running, unless I am being chased, and the elliptical makes my toes fall asleep. So, I went and bought a 1 piece bathing suit, goggles, and a swim cap today after the gym with a different Jenn who also works out with us. This is what it looks like!


We have a pretty good group formed: Michelle, Dani, Jenn, and me. Recently there has been a couple other girls, but I have only seen them once. Anywho, we have fun while we get in shape.

The plan continues; make myself work out until it becomes apart of my every day life. I have given myself until the middle of May to decide whether or not I have the discipline to continue on without Chelle's instruction. We shall see. I already feel as though I would miss out if I don't work out with them, but their gym is 45 minutes away from my house. Is the gas, mileage, and time used to go there worth continuing there? That is the question.

1 comment:

  1. You could just work out w/ me-that's the answer. However, by May, we may be even further from you than the gym is:(

    ReplyDelete