Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The scale said 6 pounds!

I remember when Stephen and I decided to do the South Beach Diet for the first time. We were living in Guam at the time, and our friends encouraged us to all do Phase 1 together. Stephen and I both lost 10-15 pounds the first week. It was amazing! Phase 1 is meant to be 2 weeks long. By the end of it we were very happy with our results. Phase 2 is for as long as you need to lose your desired amount of weight. This phase focuses on slowly bringing back healthy carbs into your diet. You have to read the South Beach Diet Book to really understand why, if you don't already. (They should really be paying me for this free advertisement).
This time around...it is day 4 and I have dropped 6 pounds!!! I am sure some of that is water weight, but I know that this diet targets belly fat and I look slimmer and my clothes fit better...ALREADY! The hardest part, really, is to maintain it. My plan for that is, that once I receive my test results I will have a better idea of the path for fitness I need to take. From there my friend, Chelle, is going to personally train me. I know I won't work out on my own, so I have to make a super big effort to not let anyone else pay for my laziness. I have an appointment with her every morning starting the 14th, Monday through Friday. I won't let you down, Chelle! In turn I won't let myself down. I am so sneaky. :} Sometimes ya gotta trick yourself into doing what's best for you. By the way, I almost caved into having some supposedly sugar free ice cream. I didn't do it! Not gonna do it, not gonna do it.

1 comment: